In recent years, there has been an increasing demand for “green” buildings, or buildings which consume less energy and other resources. Not only does having your project certified as a green building save money in the long run, it acts as a status symbol and boosts the brand image of the company.
- Certification from LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) as a green building depends on many factors, including and not restricted to the amount of heat emanated, amount of water used and wasted, and electrical power used in the building.
This can be ensured by maximising electrical efficiency at the project execution stage through:
- careful design
- strategic placement of occupation / movement sensors
- providing lighting design with dimming facilities to reduce power outputs, when natural light is available
- Monitoring of Power consumption through Building Management Systems, meters etc located at all Power panels
- External lighting / Cabling keeping in view environmental norms
- Use of high quality energy-efficient equipment and parts, having Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) rating
We have considerable experience in creating highly energy efficient green buildings, both in terms of design and execution. Some of the green buildings completed by us are:
- Grundfos Pumps India Pvt. Ltd., Thoraipakkam
- Vestas, Sholinganallur
- Olympia Tech Park, Guindy
- Parker Hannifin India Pvt. Ltd., Mahindra World City, Chengalpattu